About Us

Sky Industries PLC is involved in manufacturing activities by producing various types of PLASTICS/PVC/PET//EVA/Leather shoes. These products are mainly be used by all types of people both in the urban and rural areas of Ethiopia in every walks of Life.

The company is producing 5,000 pair of shoes per day and creates employment opportunity for more than 100 Men & over 200 Women Ethiopian workers in various plastic products making a total of over 300 Workers, Technicians etc with 80% work force women. Initial  investment cost of Over One and half Milliopn US Dollars for machinery, building, working capital and other required project assets. It is planned that the company would raise the investment cost from the profits of the existing plant operations and as well as from foreign direct investment (FDI). Recently in 2013, we have added further USD 450,000 equivalent of machinery, Molds and Chemicals.

Background of the Promoters

Sky Industries PLC was established in 2004 in Addis Ababa-Gerji. Since then, it has been manufacturing various Plastics items like Poly Tank Brand Roto Water tanks, PE Ropes and Twines, PP Box Strapping, Flexible pipes like Suction hose, Braided hose and Garden Hose, Industrial Jerry cans for Edible Oils, Chemicals and Detergents and Kettles, Injection Moulding Household items like Buckets, Basins, Plates, Paint Containers, Baskets and various other items and also production of various types of Shoes & Slipper have been Introduced since one year.

POLYBAGS Group is Parent company of Sky Industries PLC. It has specialized solely in manufacturing of Plastic goods. The company started in 1978 with the manufacturing of plastic bags and has since grown into a group, manufacturing items such as Ladies/Gents and Children PVC Shoes, Air Blowing Shoes, Crystal jelly Shoes PVC pipes, Plastic Water Tanks, PP Woven Sacks, Ropes and Twines, PET Preforms, Blowing Bottles for water, Pharma, Liquor and Pharmaceuticals, Household Utensils, PVC Suction Hose and Pipes, Electrical Cables, Blow Moulding Jerry cans, Bottles and Jars and several other products like Flexo and Roto Gravure Printing Inks and Snack Foods. Polybags Group is well versed in both the technical and the economical aspects of plastic manufacturing.

Management Group

The Management Members experience and qualification are described here below :

 Mr. Sailesh Ahuja, 32 years. (Managing Director)

Qualification and
Experience
:

Studied in Boston University with Business Management, Computer Science, Financial Management, and Organizational Behavior- from 2002 to 2006. Studied in INSEAD, Fontainbleu, Paris for MBA in 2008.

»
Worked with Solomen Smith & Barney Investment bankers in Boston for a period of one year in Year 2005.
»
Working as Managing Director since April 2006 till now with POLYBAGS Group in Nigeria producing PE Films, lamination and stretch films, Printing Inks, Snack Foods, PVC Pipes and other various plastic items.

 Dr. Jawahar Ahuja, 66 years. (President / CEO)

Qualification and
Experience
:

40 years of practical work experience in the production, technical, development, administrative and managerial areas of the plastic manufacturing field. His vast experience includes working for a Multi Billion dollar petrochemical complex in India, which specialized in the production of plastic raw materials. Dr. Ahuja completed his undergraduate education, in which he specialized in mechanical engineering, from VJTI Mumbai, India. He then went on to pursue his masters in business administration at the University of Mumbai, India. Finally, he crowned his education with a Ph.D from an acclaimed Open International University in Toranto, Canada.

In 1978 Dr. Ahuja founded POLYBAGS Group in Lagos, Nigeria, which produced disposable polyethylene bags. With his hard work and determination he has built Polybags Group of companies boasting of over $25 million in Annual Sales revenues. The company, which currently has a labor force of over 1,200 workers, is considered to be one of the largest privately owned Group of plastics and Inks and Snack Food manufacturing companies in Nigeria.


 Mr. Shammi Lala, 53 years. (Director / General manager)

Qualification and
Experience
:

Mr. Shammi Lala has varied experience for the last 32 years in the field of shipping/plastic industry/packaging industry.

His job profile includes administration/Human Resources and implementing ISO standards within the industries he has been associated with. His work experience includes working in many foreign countries with varied nationalities.

Mr. Shammi Lala is a graduate in Economics and a Master Mariner with many value added courses.



Export performance and External Market Links

We plan to export Leather shoes around 60 percent of Production and remaining 40 percent will be allocated to domestic market and here exists adequate demand; therefore, the products would be sold in Export market and remaining in domestic market.

  TOP